Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. Psalm 119:105
Such beautiful imagery! I love that God gives us guidance for how to live our best lives. God’s lamp is His ten commandments, which illuminate a path to keep our life on track. But only if we are open to guidance!
And here, God’s commandments:
• I am the Lord your God…you shall have no other gods before me.
• You shall not make for yourself an idol…you shall not bow down to them or worship them.
• You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God.
• Remember the sabbath day, and keep it holy.
• Honor your father and your mother.
• You shall not murder.
• You shall not commit adultery.
• You shall not steal.
• You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
• You shall not covet your neighbor’s house…or anything that belongs to your neighbor.
I want to walk on God’s lighted path, safe from the darkness of sin. It is up to me, and each of us, to be aware of God’s guidance, and to live each day walking that lighted path.
We can, with God’s help.